Monday, September 10, 2007

Class

Monday nights are a moment of stress and triumph and doubt and reassurance all at once. All because of "class." Acting class that is. Scene study/Cold reading/whatever with my coach, John Homa. I shouldn't get nervous to do my scene, but I always do. John's a terrific guy. Tough love, abbrasive at times, but a terrific guy. I think I did ok tonight. Wasn't expecting to go up first, but ended up doing it anyway. Tony was my non-scene partner (in John's class, we don't have "scene partners") and he's great. He wasn't totally off-book, like me, but I think it worked. John said that from the last time we did the scene it was like, and I quote, "night and day." Good comment - especially from John. It was also nice to be done for the night right away, and be able to enjoy the rest of the scenes. I can honestly say that our scene was one of the best of the nights. And usually I wouldn't be able to say that!

Tomorrow looking at another apartment - mine raised my rent almost $50. I can't afford my rent as it is, so I was forced to look into other options. Wish me luck, everyone.

Til later.

1 comment:

simon said...

well written, affectionate, and interesting blog.
I thought about including a link to your site on my blog.

if you ever get the chance, come visit me back

Best,
Simon

my blog is www.BrawnyHunk.com (not nearly as superficial as it sounds ;-) )